1. Gates noted that Mandela fought stigma by announcing publicly the death of his son from AIDS in 2005.
2. And the social stigma attached to rape puts the victim in an even more vulnerable situation.
3. It would also escape the stigma typically attached to programs for the poor.
4. But somehow taking that same behavior and placing it in a digital context has a stigma attached to it.
5. The stigma associated with a prison term remains very real.
6. This is a sign the stigma is reducing, he said.
7. So some of the stigma has been removed.
8. The stigma surrounding homosexuality makes it difficult to document ISIS killings and identify victims, rights groups say.