1. The government does not see the need for industry specific regulation of the cloud services sector.
2. Some judges agreed to put the regulation on hold for them while their legal case was heard.
3. The rules should provide certainty to all market participants and keep the costs of regulation low.
4. All this seems to be another indication that regulation in Australia has failed us.
5. That means increasing regulation and tracking from local and state governments.
6. However, it seems only a matter of time before some kind of regulation comes in.
7. Its financial success is partly due to a lack of regulation of content.
8. The law is also part of a broader set of policy steps to streamline regulation of the internet.
9. This is why some regulation like requiring a good reason to have a license to carry is necessary.
10. The clash of innovation and regulation has always been with us.
11. The timing of this regulation could not be better.
12. Market forces and regulation will also play a role.
13. Once regulation is in place, they will follow suit and act in the best interest of shareholders.
14. That is why I think we must move from prohibition into regulation, like we did with cigarettes.
15. For reference, one could easily print a regulation soccer ball without running out of space.