1. There are three oil and gas names among the top 10.
2. The numbers tell a story of crude buying up to last Thursday, when oil broke above $50.
3. Late in the year, OPEC and other oil producers agreed to cut their production in 2017.
4. Khodorkovsky was jailed after being convicted of stealing oil and laundering money in 2010.
5. After trading at a peak of $107 a barrel in June, oil ended the year at $53.27.
6. The energy sector fell 3.9%, as oil fell to lowest levels since March 2009.
7. The average price of a barrel of oil has dropped below $56 from a summer high of $107.
8. Shell left Qatar in the early 1990s amid low oil prices and returned in 2002.
9. The price of Brent crude oil has fallen below $50 a barrel for the first time since May 2009.
10. The price of Brent crude oil has fallen below $59 a barrel for the first time since May 2009.
11. On Tuesday, the price of oil fell $2.11 to $47.93, its lowest level since April 2009.
12. The spot price for a barrel of North Sea oil fell to $100.55 on April 12, the lowest since July 23.
13. Brent oil futures added $1.36 to $55.69.