1. Google search uses similar signals to ward off entries in the results list.
2. The first ward has been completed but is not yet operational, officials said.
3. Read grew up in Melbourne, and was a ward of the state by the time he was a teenager.
4. Still, Obama faces a deadline to ward off the worst of the cuts.
5. Officials in Japan and South Korea said they believed security updates had helped ward off the worst of the impact.
6. Brantly said in a statement from his isolation ward in Atlanta last week that he was growing stronger every day.
7. Tensions remained high Tuesday in Crimea, with troops loyal to Moscow firing warning shots to ward off protesting Ukrainian soldiers.