1. It was the first Obama veto in eight years that was not sustained by lawmakers.
2. The White House has criticized the maneuver but has not issued a veto threat.
3. For example, a governor may veto a bill passed by the legislature.
4. Obama has pledged veto any bill to reject the deal.
5. Russia almost certainly would veto such an authorization.
6. The Obama administration has promised to veto any bill that undermines the nuclear agreement.
7. The House acted despite a White House veto threat.
8. China and Russia, which hold veto power on the council, voted against it.
9. Essentially, they succeeded in getting a veto of a bill that does not even exist.
10. Russia has veto power on the council.
11. Obama has threatened to veto the measure.
12. Mr Obama has threatened to veto it.
13. In his veto message to Congress, Obama disagreed.
14. Once he receives it, he has 10 days to veto it or let it become law.