1. To give some idea of how thin the materials used for the storage medium are, an 8.5-by-11-in.
2. Both Amazon Web Services and Microsoft will become top five overall storage vendors by 2017.
3. Its value as a data storage platform was the second benefit cited, coming in at 73%.
4. You get double the storage and a faster processor for $1,599.
5. The company also sported its own cloud storage service, which discontinued in 2011.
6. Top five vendors, worldwide total disk storage systems market, second quarter of 2014.
7. Microsoft offers up to 1TB of storage in the Surface Pro 4.
8. TEPCO plans to secure storage facilities capable of holding 800,000 tons more water by 2015.
9. Dell is also providing storage of up to 512GB, the same amount available in the Surface Pro 3.
10. Fifteen gigabytes of storage are still free, but 100GB are now $1.99 per month, down from $4.99.
11. The 4GB RAM/64GB internal storage model is scheduled for a US release at $450.
12. A new Surface tablet today offers 64GB of flash storage, is 0.35 inches thick 8.9mm and costs $549.
13. You can get the 7-inch Nexus 7 tablet made by Asus with 16GB of storage for around $199.
14. Google offers the same amount of free storage and better encryption.
15. One is to make applications better communicate with storage about their needs.