1. The retail sales data was a surprise for analysts who had expected a rise of around 0.4%.
2. The increase was also larger than the initial estimate for a more modest rise to 54.1.
3. Economists were looking for the index to rise to 55.5%.
4. The consensus in the markets was for the index to rise modestly to 108.0.
5. This was the first rise in this measure since June 2014.
6. The price for the student version of Prime will also rise, to $49.
7. The largest single trend noted in the report was the rise of ransomware in 2016.
8. That number is projected to rise as high as 10,000.
9. Payments continued to rise in the aftermath of the recession, which ended in June 2009.
10. The legendary industry that gave rise to Silicon Valley got hammered flat in 2012.
11. By 2018, the average monthly gas bill for residential customers would rise to $56.79.
12. Twitter went public Thursday when it saw its shares rise 73% to close at $44.90.
13. A new Gartner report says sales in this category will rise 77 percent in 2015.
14. That figure is expected to rise to more than 550 million by 2050.
15. That was the biggest jump since a $19.9 billion rise in May 2012.