1. He served three years before being released from prison in 2006.
2. He served less than eight years in prison before being released in 1983.
3. He was sentenced to a year in prison in 2011.
4. Ulbricht faces up to life in prison when he is sentenced May 15.
5. He was released from prison in March 2014.
6. He previously escaped from another maximum security prison in 2001.
7. Williams later confessed in prison to committing another murder in 1998.
8. One died in prison in 1814.
9. He died in prison in 2001.
10. The prison houses more than 1,800 men and women in a compound originally built for 700.
11. He was sentenced to eight years in prison in 2010, and his case was upheld in 2011.
12. Matt was serving 25 years to life in prison after he kidnapped and beat a man to death in 1997.
13. This figure represents about 0.5% of the prison population of 85,410.
14. He then returned to prison in mid-2007 before being released in late 2013.