1. The zoo estimated it would reduce what it sends to landfills by 90%.
2. He said the zoo decided to kill the lion after no other home was found.
3. A decade or so ago, zoo leaders had an innovative idea.
4. Yet weeks earlier, the zoo was found to have been compliant in an April inspection.
5. The new additions mean that for the first time the zoo has five pandas in residence.
6. Going to the zoo is about to get a lot more awesome, folks get ready.
7. The zoo opens to members in an hour.
8. The pair had five cubs while living at the zoo but none survived.
9. The zoo itself also was the site of horrors during the war.
10. On Friday morning, Block and other zoo leaders called the whole thing off.
11. I would always prefer to send an animal to another zoo in Europe than have to put it down, he said.
12. The three bears are now nursing with their mother, zoo officials said.
13. We were a young zoo then.